Saturday, February 25, 2006

Five Foot Eight?!

They say your full adult height is about twice your height on your second birthday. On Hannah's second birthday, we measured her height at 34 inches.

2 x 34" = 68" or 5'8"

Just our luck; she'll be a model or something. Another common formula uses the average height of the parents and adds 2.5 inches for boys and subtracts 2.5 for girls.

(62" + 73")/2 - 2.5" = 65" or 5'5" (+/- 4")

So the first formula is within the margin of error of the second. I guess only time will tell which is closer. Either way she'll be taller than average. With her pretty red hair and long legs, we'll probably have trouble keeping the boys away.

My idea is to have a poll where everyone guesses how tall she will really be. The winner gets to help us scare away the boys (BYO pitch fork and shotgun). At the same time, we'll have to keep our son* from breaking hearts. We found out our neighbors across the street, due a few weeks before us, are having twin girls. The terrible two's are starting to sound like a walk in the park.

* The tech was 95% confident it will be a boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously she is ADORABLE!! I don't think I want kids but after seeing what a cute little redhead you made I might have to rethink it!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, a little late (sorry) to my beautiful great great niece, and I don't see anything at all wrong with being 5'8" tall, I've been that most of my adult life! Love to all, Aunt Marcia