Saturday, July 19, 2008

Antiquing

This Saturday's adventure-the Antiquefest at the park. We went for the reason of finding a piano bench (which we did not), but I soon realized the potential history lesson. At breakfast we had a long talk with Hannah explaining that not everything in the world is new, and if you take care of older things they can have value.

We spotted many interesting things and slowed the wagon down to take a look. Some of our faves: doll and baby carriages, metal dumptrucks, water pitchers and bowls, high chairs, and even an antique potty training chair. The question of the day seemed to be "can we buy that?" I could've left there with my arms full of little treasures, but I refrained. I'm satisfied with knowing that my child has some grasp on what life was like a long time ago, and old things can be made new again and loved.

No comments: