Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Preparations 2006




Step 1: Find a pretty dress to wear. Lately people have been telling us that Hannah looks older in pictures. I have to agree.




Step 2: Bake and frost the cookies for Santa. Hannah has had some experience in this department.




Ben is still a little young for this step; so he and I just sat and watched Daddy's fantasy team underperform as usual.




Step 3: Go go church. There is a candle light ceremony at the end. Since Hannah is too young to handle a flaming stick of wax, we brought her princess flashlight for her to hold instead.




Step 4: Leave snacks out for Santa and his reindeer. Our budding engineer asked me if Santa's sleigh would break the roof. She showed me her calculations and I couldn't find any mistakes. I explained to her that Santa's knowledge of space and time must be profound. If he's figured out a way to deliver gifts to millions of households in a single night, I'm sure he has figured out how to land on rooftops without buckling them.

No comments: